Sooner or later, you may likely run into the issue “the application was unable to start correctly.”
And error code “0xc000007b” is some of the most common error codes that you will see in this type of problem. In this post, we will go through 5 fixes that can most likely solve this problem.
What Exactly Causes Error 0xc000007b?
Error code 0xc000007b can be seen when there is a problem trying to launch an application in Windows 10.
Moreover, the error code can come up differently, such as 0x80070005, 0x80070002, 0xc0000142, 0x80004005, etc.
And this error (0xc00007b) occurs in Windows 10 due to several reasons. Such as:
- There may be a combination of 32-bit & 64-bit Windows version and application.
- There could be something wrong with certain files or programs.
- Pending Windows update.
Regardless of where the issue came from, the important thing is to fix the issue here.
Here are the 5 simple fixes that can help you solve this application error.
Fix 1. Restart Your Device
This is the first thing that you should try when you come across the error “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b.”
This solution is likely to fix the problem, if this does not help you, you can try the following solutions.
Fix 2. Run the Application as an Administrator
Likewise, you can try running the application as an administrator to solve the application error (0xc000007b).
The detailed instructions are as follows:
- Right-click on the application you want to start and choose the Properties option from the menu.
- You will see a popup window, now you need to go to the Compatibility tab and check the “Run this program as an administrator” box. Then click OK & then Apply to continue.
After following the above steps, you can try to run the application again and check whether the problem the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b is solved.
Fix 3. Reinstall The Application
If the above two fixes are not effective, you can try reinstalling the application.
- To uninstall the application, go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Now, choose the program that you want to uninstall and right-click it. Next, choose Uninstall to go on.
- After you uninstall the program, reinstall it again and check whether the problem 0xc000007b is solved.
Fix 4. Upgrade From 32-bit to 64-bit
As said before, the error “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” may be caused due to the combination of 32-bit and 64-bit of Windows version and the application.
Putting simply, if your device runs 32-bit, the 64-bit application can’t run on it. However, you can choose to upgrade your Windows 10 from 32-bit to 64-bit to run the application.
At last, this post discussed 4 solutions to solve application error (0xc000007b). Now it is your turn to have a try!